Saturday, April 21, 2012

Disco Holiday






A long time ago on an island far, far away...I was asked to dj a disco party at The Wave. I don't remember if it just the night that I was scheduled to work, but in prep for that, I asked to borrow some records from one of the dj's I admire, James Coles. I think he left me with a crate for a few days to listen to stuff that I didn't know and find some non-obvious stuff to play.

There are 3 tracks which I had never heard before that I came away from that gig especially loving. LAX - All My Love (albeit the instrumental b-side),  Jackie Moore's "This Time Baby" and this Change song. The last two subsequently were released on a Best Of Hot Tracks Volume 2 comp, which I bought (also featuring a nice PYT edit which everyone has heard me play) but I had already grown to love the 12" versions so they just sounded odd to me. This is a bit better job.
 



Scratchandsniff was one of the first people I followed on Soundcloud. Like most of the things I find on the cloud, I don't love everything, but I do like quite a lot of what he does.  

No comments:

Post a Comment