Saturday, April 21, 2012

Bonnie vs Gerry

I was checking out the new Bonnie Raitt (Slipstream) and finding myself a bit disappointed. I usually try to start at the end and work back to the beginning. The first tracks always seem better and I wondered if it was because I heard them first in the process. Anyway...this is track 2 off the album and at first I was thinking how it had a bit of a reggae groove to it and I was bouncing along. Then the chorus comes up and I recognize the song. Didn't know it was Gerry Rafferty until I looked it up, but thanks to my mom, I DO recognize my 70's radio hits.

           
The Colbert ReportMon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c
Bonnie Raitt - "Right Down the Line"
www.colbertnation.com
Colbert Report Full EpisodesPolitical Humor & Satire BlogVideo Archive


so, yeah...even backwards...Tracks 1-3 are the strongest ones for me.
        

No comments:

Post a Comment