Saturday, June 1, 2013

Miss Jaye

Fun road trip to Nashville this past week, capped off with a fun night with Miss Courtney Jaye at her album release party at The Stone Fox.

I would normally have been speechless at the sight of a woman so beautiful, but since we had already exchanged a couple of emails, I introduced myself and explained that I had gotten a lei shipped over for her (she lived in Kauai for a short time) and proceeded to give it to her. She was amazed and excited



The new album came out last Tuesday and is a nice blend of pop and country. First video and one of my favorite songs from it.



and another new one, acoustic version 




A couple of songs have a throw-back 70's feel to them...a sound I think she was going for considering the Juice Newton "Queen of Hearts" cover at the show and the super lovely "Lotta Love" acoustic last song. 



I'm honored and still giddy at getting to hang out with CJ and her friend after the party at Santa's Pub for some Karaoke and then later to late night breakfast. I felt like an old friend. Hope we can continue to be that.


No comments:

Post a Comment