Sunday, June 2, 2013

Him

It all started with Him. A song called "Him" that showed up on my Youtube recommendations since I follow the Majestic channel.



Love it, but couldn't figure out who the original vocal belonged to. One other track by Mitsu that I heard years ago was a remix of Dwele that was super dope, so I figured that this Him track was also a remix. I found Mitsu's page on Facebook and a comment on the posting of this same video there led me to look for a guy named Mabanua...who did the original version:



I went digging for more Mabanua. Found this dope video of him crafting a beat and realized that he has a great sound. More digging.I found a short track he did for an anime tv show soundtrack




I found his Dis-cogs page with a listing for a remix that he did of a song called Sweet Love by Opensouls ft Ladi6.
I couldn't find that song, but did manage to find another song they did with the same singer. The video is a bit morbid, but what a great soul song.



I recognized Ladi6's name from a house track that I have, so I dug further into her discography and found a fantastic drum & bass track by Shapeshifter (available here thankfully for purchase)



and a track off her album that reminds me of Fat Freddy's Drop (who is also from New Zealand and she has collaborated with in the past)



(There are so many Youtube videos on this post, it will never survive in it's entirety.)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment