Friday, November 25, 2011

Late, but still thankful

I'm not gonna lie: I totally forgot to get this done by Thursday. With only 3 days at work, Thanksgiving on Thursday and most especially heading out to The Shrine on Wednesday night, I didn't plan any time to get this done.

It's done now and given the delays, I chose some tracks that reflect the last few days.

You can listen to it here:



or right-click on this for the download.

Thanksgiving tracklist goes like this:

1. Serene - Jeff Beck (from his 2010 album...one of the things I borrowed from the library the other day)

2. Be Thankful For What You've Got (DJ Day's Edit) - William DeVaughn (thankful for Soundcloud and for Day's edits)


3. I Thank You (Shelter Blaze Vox Mix) - Stephanie Cooke (not really Thanksgiving, but she does say Thank You a lot)

4. 1960 What? (Wicked Jazz Sounds Radio Edit) - Gregory Porter (caught him at The Shrine on Wednesday night with FLX opening up and he was fantastic. I got this from Giant Step but am looking at the whole album on Amazon...so good AND available for digital d/l!)

5. Indigo Blues ft Nicole Graham - Llorca (the Greg Porter had me breaking out this CD for the drive down...such a great album all the way through house, broken beat, downtempo.

6. Thank You Baby - Syl Johnson (another Thank You...this time with Chicago connections)

enjoy, my friends. Love to you and your families.



No comments:

Post a Comment